Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kidd to LMSC

Hey everybody. What a winter! I've had a lot going on, even though I havent been posting very often. First off, Lisa is due to give birth to my second child, Jenna Madison, any day now. I'm very excited about the new addition. It's going to be different having a daughter, but I'm looking forward to it. Ryan has been doing well. He's eager to be a big brother. Lisa has been a trooper. This pregnancy has been tougher on her than with Ryan, but she's been great. I think she's looking forward to having a little girl in the house to counter her two boys! Check out kiddfamily49.blogspot.com for more family info and pictures.

As far as racing goes, we're going to change series for 2009. First off, I LOVE Pro-Cup racing. I hate to leave it. I've got to make a change for a couple of reasons. To begin with, I race for fun. I gave up on the NASCAR dream a long time ago. All I want to do is have fun and win races. Unlike a lot of my Pro-Cup counterparts, I have a full time job that doesnt involve racing. Last year, I spent a lot of time racing and not enough time working. Thankfully, my boss (my Dad) gave me a long leash when it came to the raceteam. This year, I can't afford to be away from the business like I did last year. I had to make a decision, and that decision was to step back from Pro-Cup and do something that requires a little less time.

Late Model racing gives me the opportunity to race and have fun but still work for a living. It will also give me the opportunity to be at home with Lisa, Ryan and Jenna. This year, with a new-born in the house, I'd like to be home to help Lisa and be a Dad. Not that I neglected that last year, it's just that with Late Models I wont be traveling all over the East Coast. I will be close to home, racing when I want, where I want. I think it will suit my Family situation better.

We are going to build a Hess car with a Kowalsky engine. I'm leaning towards a Chevrolet but we could end up in a Dodge. I plan on running my first race in June and then compete in 8 to 12 races through the big fall races at Martinsville, South Boston and possibly Myrtle Beach. I have a unique idea concerning sponsorship, when I work the details out, I will post them here. We're going to race for a purpose this year. (Thats a small hint)

Action should start to pick up on the site soon. I will post pictures throughout the Late Model build up and news regarding the sponsorship program very soon.

God Bless you all, Thanks for hanging in there with me!!

Michael

1 comment:

Lou said...

Michael,

It's been our pleasure to have been able to meet you and watch you race in the Pro Cup Series the last few years.

Drivers like you are so very important to the series and to race fans like ourselves. It's great to meet a driver and team that we can relate to for a change, rather than the big business teams of racing.

We're sorry that we won't be able to see you progress even further in the Pro Cup series, but we wish you nothing but the best in your Late Model efforts. Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to return one day.

Best of luck to you, Lisa and your family.

Thanks for entertaining us on the track!

Lou & Cheryl Lauer
www.usarfans.com