Thursday, October 9, 2008

So what happens now?

Hey all-Just wanted to comment on the recent news of Hooters dropping out of our series. It's really sad for our series. Looking back, when Mr. Brooks passed away, we should have known this was coming. USAR Hooters Pro-Cup racing was his baby and a dream that he alone had-a dream not supported by any of the remaining family members.

So what's next? I'm not sure but I hope someone steps in to take over title sponsorship of the series. Rumor has it that Sears will be stepping in and sponsoring it with their "Craftsman" brand. I have also heard that Aaron's may take it over as well. With the current economic conditions, it's really hard to say how this will play out. There's even the chance that the series could shut down after our race at Rockingham.

I hope not. I don't have a crystal ball with this and wished I had more information. I'm sitting on a large investment in equipment that I may not be able to use in another series. There aren't many other series out there running our types of chassis and no one is running our engine configuration.

I honestly believe that someone will take it over. The series is too good to let die. If the right company would take over the title sponsorship, and the right people are at the helm-the series could grow into something bigger and better than it already is. Change is a funny and scary thing sometimes. Let's all pray that this change is for the better.

MK

No comments: