Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ready for Mansfield??

Hey everyone! I guess I'm done sulking about South Boston and am ready to face the world now. We have been working really hard at the shop the last several weeks preparing for Mansfield. I have KKM001 ready for action and KKM002 almost ready. (KKM002 is the car I wrecked at South Boston for those who want to know) For the first time we will be taking 2 cars to the track. Our friend and former competitor, Kres Vandyke, is generously loaning us his trailer for the weekend and another great friend, Tim Anders of Circle T Pipeline is loaning us a truck to pull it with. A big thanks to both of them for their generosity.

So why did we skip Milwaukee?? Simply put-Money. No, we're not broke or anything like that, it's just that that race was going to cost us a small fortune to go to. With fuel prices as they are, the fact that the race weekend was extended to 3 days (that equals 5 nights in a hotel for us!) it was just to costly for my team to participate. I could have run that race, but probably would have had to take the month of June off for the checkbook to recover. So I made the decision to skip it in favor of racing at Mansfield and Salem.

No comments: